I thought I’d continue my Instant Pot or Instapot thoughts. So far I’m finding that the instapot is not:
- Going to help me lose weight…I feel people start cooking healthier foods with the Instapot (?)…I will say Indian cuisine calls for coconut milk etc etc and though delicious it IS high in fat.
- Going to save time. Most of the recipes say “25 minutes” but fail to account for things like a) I don’t chop like a chef, b) we have three children and two dogs, c) I forgot where the garam masala is and d) the instapot takes time to pressurize and depressurize…so I plan on an hour for each meal.
What the Instapot does allow for:
- Hands off while cooking amazingness. I can be present while someone needs a book read, a diaper change, a face washed, a crayon wall drawing rescued…etc.
- Cooking frozen meats to cooked deliciousness without having to thaw the meat out
- Cooking two meals on a Sunday in a reasonable amount of time so that I can heat up Monday’s dinner but then cook Tuesday’s dinner the day prior.
I thought I’d share some of my favorite recipes:
Butter Chicken (It’s not spicy … just delicious)
Then add that into my other “in a pinch” recipes:
One thought on “Instant Pot Thoughts”
Okay, you convinced me – my Instant Pot arrived today! Please keep sharing your tips and favorite recipes as I figure mine out. Thanks Mary!