I’ve kind of fallen in love with coconut oil. When my sister in law mentioned that she used coconut oil as a moisturizer I was highly skeptical. I kept seeing articles online that sang the glories of the oil, so I decided to give it a shot (step aside my long favorite Clinique). As I moved past my evening face care routine, I started looking for other coconut oil uses.
I found Plantain Chips
Recipe from http://www.hollywoodhomestead.com/plantain-chips/
3 green plantains
2.5 cups coconut oil for frying (I used 3/4 cup)
Sea salt to taste (definitely a must)
1. Chop plantains very thinly
2. Heat oil in large pan (I used 3/4 cup because I just didn’t have 2.5 cups to spare)
3. Add one plantain to heated oil (move with spatula after first few seconds to make sure it doesn’t stick)
4. Fry on each side on medium high for about 6 minutes ish per side
5. Place on absorbent paper towel and lightly salt while hot
6. Repeat for the other two plantains
4 thoughts on “Coconut Oil????!!!!”
Ummm…yum!! I’ve only ever tried baked plantain chips, but sometimes they don’t turn out quite as crispy as I want. I’ll have to try this way next!
I hope you enjoy!
If you’re looking for the best chip ever…I just made them today…HIGHLY recommend. (I used a half cup of coconut oil and fried in batches)http://www.hollywoodhomestead.com/crispy-sweet-potato-chips/
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
Any way I will be subscribing to your augment
and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.